~ MEDIATION TRAINING TESTIMONIALS
"The DRC trainers are real pros who understand the process of mediation, know how to teach it and are sensitive to the needs of beginners. The time flies in this course."
Brant Mittler, attorney and cardiologist, San Antonio, TX
"As a lawyer, I know the language of advocacy. The DRC trainers taught me another language - the language of helping people solve their own problems. It's a great asset that can be used in every aspect of your professional and personal life."
Anne Wynne, attorney, mediator, Austin, TX
Community Leaders and Activists
- "The new mediation tools that I gained in the DRC training have already proved to be invaluable in my professional work, as well as my civic activities. And, I've found it's equally helpful at home with my family."
Lee Thomson, Leadership Austin, Austin, TX
- "Being a people manager requires skills most new department heads don't have - academics are rarely trained in people skills. For this reason, I've recommended the DRC's mediator training to several of our new department heads."
Sue Guellar, Professor of Mathematics, Texas A&M University
- "I interact regularly with people who are determined to have it their way! The ability to listen, understand positions, and craft alternatives cannot be underestimated. The DRC training provided me practical, hands-on experience in these skills."
James R. Veitenheimer, Superintendent - Canyon Independent School District
- "Learning how to set a clear agenda, draw people into the conversation, summarize emotions, point out interests, and invite brainstorming of options helped me steer conversations toward a more constructive dialogue."
John Gilvar, Director, City of Austin Primary Care Department, Austin, TX
- "Conflicts with colleagues come up all the time in the business of policy-making, so I use the skills I learned at the DRC training every day."
Sam Shore, LMSW, Director, Behavioral Health Services, TDMHMR
- "If the DRC's course were mandatory training for all government employees, imagine the results. Then picture public service at the elected official level."
Tracy Watson, Director Special Projects & Dispute Resolution City of Austin, Austin, TX
Human Resource Professionals
- "I'd been in HR a long time, so I was pretty sure the DRC training was going to be a 40 hour review for me. Wrong! Take this training - you will use the communication skills every single day."
Margaret Dolan, Regional Director HR, Texas Health Resources, Ft. Worth, TX
- "It has proven to be a very good coaching tool for managers/supervisors that have been perplexed about how to address difficult issues/problems."
Larry E. McConnell, Conoco Inc., Human Resources Consultant, Lubbock, TX
- "It was the most interactive, effective, results-oriented training I've ever attended."
Shelley, Hall, Rassi Associates, Boston, MA
- "The DRC's training made me a better manager - in the work place, in my family and in my volunteer roles in the community."
Deborah Edward, Executive Director, Greenlights for Nonprofit Success, Austin, TX and former Executive Director, Austin Children's Museum